Old Fashioned Pecan Pie Recipe
Cooking Time: 40 to 50 minutes
Preparation Time: 2.5 Hours
- After pie crust has chilled, adjust the oven rack to the lower third position and preheat the oven to 350F
- Roll out the chilled pie crust onto a lightly floured surface. Remember, when rolling out the chilled pie dough disc, always use the gentle force with your rolling pin. Start from the center of the disc and work your way out in all directions, turning the dough with your hands as you go. Roll it out into a circle 12 inches in diameter. Carefully place the dough into a 9×2 inch pie dish. Tuck it in with your fingers, making sure it is smooth.
- For the filling:
- Spread pecans evenly inside pie crust. Set aside. In a large bowl using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, melted butter, salt, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Once completely combined and thick, pour evenly over pecans.
- Bake the pie for 40-50 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned. After the first 20 minutes of bake time, place tin foil on edges of crust to prevent edges from burning too quickly. Remove finished pie from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely. The pie filling will settle as it cools.
- Slice and serve pie warm or at room temperature. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon if desired.