My long time grade school best friend calls me this morning and tells me she is bored with the Bacon & Asparagus Carbonara that she makes. She wants me to give her some new Carbona recipe ideas. Dianna my dearest friend, these are for you ❤❤. If anyoe else has any other kinds of Carbonara recipes for Dianna please list in the comments below!
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 3 pounds chicken strips
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoon bacon bits (fresh cooked bacon)
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups milk
- ¼ cup bacon base
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 boxes (14 ounce each) of any long pasta (spaghetti, linguine, etc.) cooked using instructions on package
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Romano cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1¾ cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1½ teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1½ tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Marinated chicken strips (or shrimp) from step 1
- 1½ cups roasted red peppers, cut into small strips
- ¼ cup bacon bits (fresh cooked bacon)
Whisk extra virgin olive oil together with hot water, seasoning and chopped garlic.
Add the chicken strips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and bacon bits. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add flour, Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, milk bacon base, pepper and salt. Use a wire whisk to whip all ingredients together. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer.
Combine Romano, Parmesan, mozzarella, panko, chopped garlic, melted butter and chopped parsley in a mixing bowl. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
Preheat large skillet. Add chicken (or shrimp) to pan. Add red peppers and bacon bits. Cook for 3 more minutes or until cooked on both sides and internal temperatures reach 165ºF for chicken and 155ºF for shrimp. Add sauce (from above) Stir until well blended.
Place hot, precooked pasta on a larger serving platter. Top with chicken and sauce. Evenly distribute topping over top of chicken. Place in broiler until top is golden brown. Serve immediately and enjoy.
CARBONARA WITH PAN SEARED SCALLOPS
8 slices Bacon, thick cut
12 Scallops, large
1 clove Garlic
4 Green onions
2 Egg yolks
Pasta & Grains
14 oz Pasta of your choice -i used linguine
Baking & Spices
1 Pepper, fresh ground
1 Salt and pepper
Oils & Vinegars
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 tbsp Butter
1/2 cup Heavy cream
1 cup Parmigiano reggiano, grated
Start cooking pasta in large stainless steel pot.