There’s nothing like fruit kebabs to amp up the fun factor at snack time or summer get-together’s. Wow everyone’s taste buds by whipping up a creamy yogurt dip spiked with maple syrup.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: no cooking needed
- 8 strawberries, halved
- 2 peaches or nectarines or 3 plums, sliced into 8 wedges each
- 2 bananas, peeled and each cut into 8 pieces
- 250 mL (1 cup) 0% fat plain Greek yogurt
- 30 mL (2 tbsp) pure maple syrup
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- Kebabs: Pierce fruit onto small skewers, alternating fruit.
- Yogurt dip: In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, maple syrup and cinnamon. Serve with fruit kebabs.
Makes 8 kebabs.
- This is one snack that little chefs will love making and eating.
- Make the dip a day ahead and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Unleash your inner chef and experiment with endless fruit combinations.
Recipe developed by Emily Richards, P.H. Ec. for Health Canada and the Heart and Stroke Foundation.