We love these squares just as they are, but for a truly indulgent dessert use the cookie squares as the base for a hot fudge sundae. Top each square with a scoop of ice cream, a generous drizzle of hot fudge or caramel ice cream topping and a dollop of whipped cream.
Chocolate, Oat’s & Caramel Cookie Squares
Prep: 35 Minutes (ready in 2 hrs 30 min )
Makes: 16 squares
- 1 (18 oz) pkg. Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- Dash of salt
- 5 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 F . Break up cookie dough into large bowl. Add oats and salt; mix well. Reserve 1/2 cup cookie dough mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture in bottom of ungreased 9-inch square pan. Bake at 350 F for 10 -12 minutes or until cookie dough puffs and appears dry.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine flour, caramel topping and vanilla; blend well
- Remove partially baked crust from oven. Sprinkle walnuts and chocolate chips evenly over crust. Drizzle evenly with caramel mixture.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen. Cool 1 1/2 or until completely cooled. Cut into squares.
TRIED THESE? Leave comments below