This fluffy banana cream pie recipe is piled high with fresh ripe bananas and creamy vanilla filling, then topped with pillowy whipped cream and toasted coconut.
Banana Cream Pie
For the Graham Cracker Crust
- 14 whole graham crackers, about 7 ounces
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-2 teaspoons water
For the Pie Filling
- 2 cup heavy cream, whipped and divided
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 – 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk
- 4-5 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place the graham crackers in the food processor. Pulse until the crackers are chopped to fine crumbs. Add the melted butter, sugar, salt and cinnamon, pulse to combine. Add 1 teaspoon of water and pulse a couple more times. If the crumbs are moist and pinch together well, dump into a pie pan. If not, repeat with another teaspoon of water and proceed.
- Press the graham cracker mixture firmly against the bottom and sides of the deep pie pan. Then bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the heavy cream with the 3 tablespoons of sugar and vanilla. Scoop into a separate bowl and set aside. Then mix the instant pudding and milk in another bowl, until well combined. Set aside.
- Using the mixer, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Then with the mixer still running, add the sweetened condensed milk and pudding. Scrape the bowl and beat until smooth. Using a spatula, fold in half the whipped cream.
- Now spread a thin layer of the filling over the bottom and sides of the cooled pie crust. Cut 3-4 bananas into chunks. Press the chunks to the bottom and sides of the pie crust. Then scoop the remaining filling into the crust. Smooth the filling, top with the remaining whipped cream, cover gently with plastic wrap, and chill for at least one hour.
- When you are ready to serve the pie, decorate the top with more fresh cut banana chunks and toasted coconut.
Barefoot Contessa Foolproof